One day trip to Veliky Novgorod
Novgorod is one of Russia's oldest and historic cities. It is located 125 miles from St.Petersburg - about 2 hours by car along the main Moscow highway.
In contrast to St.Petersburg it is:
- An ancient Russian city which has preserved historical monuments from the 11th century onwards.
- A quiet provincial town where the atmosphere, tempo of life and even the appearance of local people differ from megalopolises such as St.Petersburg or Moscow.
Within 1 day we can see:
- a medieval fortress;
- old Russian churches - those from 11th century are the oldest in the whole of Russia;
- an open-air museum of wooden architecture where ladies in traditional costumes will show us every day objects used by Russian peasants in 19th century;
- eat at a restaurant famous for its Russia cuisine;
- take a boat trip along the Volhov river;
- visit the local folk craft market - with an opportunity to buy souvenirs for those who wish.
Price for 1 day guided tour start from:
||Service & Transport
||by mini-bus with my services as tour guide (up to 6 people)
||by my car with my services as tour guide
(decent transportation for up to 3 passengers,
a bit squashed-style transportation for 4 passengers given that I take a driver's seat)
Prices shown are for the trip - NOT per person.